Nonimmigrant Business Visas

Dallas-Fort Worth Non-Immigrant Business Visas Lawyer

Non-immigrant business visas allow individuals to come to the U.S. temporarily to perform specific jobs for U.S. companies. The process is complex and there are a limited number of non-immigrant visas available each year. Therefore, it is not only important to start your application early, but also to have an experienced immigration lawyer on your side.

At the law office of Mark E. Jacobs, P.C., we work with our clients to understand their needs for the immediate and long-term futures. We will develop a plan of action so that you can get the type of visa you need in the short term while keeping an eye on your long-term goals. For personal service from a non-immigrant business visas attorney with more than 25 years of immigration law experience, contact our law firm.

H-1B Visas: Temporary Workers

H-1B visas allow employers to bring foreign nationals to the U.S. to perform temporary work (three years, with extensions available) in specialty occupations. In order for an employer to hire a non-immigrant, it usually must go through the labor certification/PERM process. The amount of time this process can take depends on many conditions, including the number of H-1B visas available.

L-1 Visas: Intra-Company Transferees

L visas, or “intra-company transfer” visas allows companies with overseas offices to transfer certain employees to their U.S. affiliate/division. Intra-company transferees may work in the U.S. for a period of three years, which may be extended depending on the classification:

  • L-1A visa: This visa allows supervisors – executives and managers – to come to the U.S. for up to seven years. L-1A visa holders do not have to go through labor certification to be eligible for a green card.
  • L-1B visa: This visa allows workers with specialized knowledge to come to the U.S. for up to five years.

E Visas: Treaty Traders and Treaty Investors

Non-immigrant visas are also available for individuals who are involved in a trade agreement with the U.S. or who would like to invest a substantial amount of money in a U.S. business.

An applicant qualifies for a treaty trader visa (E-1 visa) if he or she is a national of a treaty country, the trade involves the U.S. and the treaty country, the trade is substantial, and the applicant is a supervisor, executive or highly skilled worker.

An applicant qualifies for a treaty investor visa (E-2 visa) if he or she is a national of a treaty company who is willing to invest a substantial amount of money into an operating U.S. business, ensuring the business’ continued operation. The investment should have a substantial impact on the U.S. economy or workforce and the applicant’s intention on coming to the U.S. should be to develop and direct the business.

Contact a Dallas-Fort Worth Immigration Attorney

For more information, or to schedule an appointment regarding H-1B, L-1 or E visas, please contact Dallas-Fort Worth based non-immigrant business visas attorney Mark E. Jacobs.

Average Rating:
Total Number of Reviews:
Full Star Half Star Empty Star