Family-Based Immigration

Dallas-Fort Worth Immigration Attorney

Reuniting families is a rewarding aspect of immigration law. At the law office of Mark E. Jacobs, P.C. in Dallas, Texas, we will help you with all aspects of bringing family members to the United States from other countries and securing a family immigration visa.

Helping to bringing families together

If you have become a United States citizen, your spouse, parents, and minor children can immigrate. After a certain period of time, adult children and any siblings can receive family immigration visas as well. Spouses and unmarried adult and minor children of green card holders can also come to this country. Either the sponsoring petitioner or the co-sponsor must meet income requirements. To ensure a successful resolution to your immigration situation, you should enlist the help of an experienced attorney with a commitment to providing quality services.

At the law office of Mark E. Jacobs, P.C., we can start the process here or facilitate an interview for your family members in your home country. Please know that if your eligible family member initially entered the United States illegally, or have overstayed any legal entry, he or she may have to voluntarily return to the home country for the consular process to be completed. Removals and criminal convictions can make immigration matters much more complicated and challenging. However, we will do everything possible to overcome those challenges.

There is a significant backlog of visas in various categories, including family-based permanent residence. Once a quota is met for one year, your family member could be pushed into the next year.

The Violence Against Women Act

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) created certain avenues to immigration status for certain battered non-citizens. Individuals who qualify under the VAWA may be able to obtain permanent residency by self-petitioning or by cancellation of removal. We can help determine whether you qualify for permanent residency under the VAWA, and help you through the process.

For more information or to schedule an appointment regarding a family immigration visa, spousal visa, fiancée (K1) visa, or K3 visa, please contact us.

Average Rating:
Total Number of Reviews:
Full Star Half Star Empty Star